For those uninitiated, Overwolf is a program that lets you add extensions to videogames. They offer an app called "DotaPlus" that will tell you what your enemies play so you can ban them, in addition to other things you'd expect from something called "Dotaplus". Honestly probably more than dota plus...
Now that would all be fine and dandy, except that little part about telling you who to ban. This isn't like, actual dota plus giving you a thumbs down for picking Chen. This is a third party extension telling you, in no uncertain terms, exactly who your enemies play. So you can ban, who your enemies play. they advertise this feature.
If the heroes you play or usually meta, this isn't to much of a problem. I don't think you'd even notice this honestly. But the ban is a 100% guarantee to affect the enemy. I don't think I need to explain the difference between banning wyvern because you want to pick IO and banning Wyvern because a third party application told you so.
Valve has made it's policy on this kind of stuff absolutely clear. If I cannot change the models in game because people abused it, then using a third party app to know exactly what my heroes played and statistics are, and app which is MONEYTIZED by the way, should be off the table.
But anyone can use Overwolf so it's not an advantage!
Anyone could use the different models too. But that doesn't matter to valve, or anyone. Besides, Over wolf is a third party program that hooks into me and my account, displays over the game, and has ADVERTISEMENTS. Meaning if I want an "even playing field", a third party has mandated I put their adds over my computer.
Just look up their history on dotabuff or whatever lmao
Please record yourself searching the usernames of everyone on the enemy team before the ban window ends. Good luck.
It's not that big a deal!
If the normal dota plus did this you would shit your pants. Not getting to play my Niche hero, even in a game where it isn't optimal, because some tryhard shithead is using the pregame equivalent of a wallhack is a big deal. It's literally a guaranteed impact on my chances to win.
Just make your account private and hide your telemetry!
Right, that thing that all the people who use Overwolf do to also stop people from using overwolf on them? Well now I'm not getting screwed, just the other 80% of my team is. All at the cost of breaking other, perfectly fine apps like dotabuff.
I'm convinced the reason this is even allowed is valve doesn't know it exists. But now the next time you see your favorite hero randomly banned, despite it being like, CHEN, you'll know why,
TLDR: Overwolf will literally tell you exactly who your enemy is likely to play, and anyone with two neurons to rub together either thinks this is unfair, already has it installed, or is currently installing it as we speak.
[link] [comments]
from Dota 2 on Reddit https://ift.tt/3t2eWPR https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
via IFTTT
Aucun commentaire
Enregistrer un commentaire