I was playing some games with my friends trying to get them into the game, every single game there were smurfs on the opposing team and tons of people playing their first games on the team with me and my friends. This is fine for me and my friends because they're also new to the game and since I am helping them I can help the others too.
Sadly, my friends no longer want to play the game anymore because the smurfs keep destroying them in lane and proceed to dominate the game. I've had two friends completely quit playing the game because of the smurfs. In the post game chat I asked them what they get out of smurfing. One of the (multiple) smurfs said how it is fun. When I asked him how he feels about ruining the game for new players he tried to justify his smurfing by saying, "I am only archon 1". Yes, you may only be an Archon player but you're like a pro player to the new players. Then he would go on to say, "It happens, you lose some and you move on to the next game." This is an attitude that a lot of new players wont have. For veteran players its easy to say "win some lose some" but for new players they don't want to constantly get run over and have their game end in 20 minutes. Its not fun for them. Why would they play a game where they don't have fun?
Its ridiculous the amount of smurfs in this beautiful game that ruin it for new players. I used to see these Reddit posts all the time but I never fully understood the scope of the problem until seeing it first hand.
For a solution I don't have any ideas. But there are plenty of smart people over at Valve that work on this game and I am sure that if they tried hard enough they could come up with a good solution. For the sake of the game I do hope they do come up with a solution before people stop even trying to get into the game.
[link] [comments]
from Dota 2 on Reddit https://ift.tt/31g7Z0n https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
via IFTTT
Aucun commentaire
Enregistrer un commentaire