14 years of DOTA and I'm heart broken.

DOTA got me through a lot of dark times in my life. The break ups, when my twin dog passed away a year after the other and the amazing mega creep comebacks during my depressions. It allowed me to escape the harsh reality.

This game means a lot to me. Through it, I discovered my passion for esports and met most of the amazing people in my life. I would have been homeless 6 years ago if I have not met my friend who shares the same passion I have for this game and because of him I was able to bounce back in life and able to make a decent carrier that pays really well. Dota paves the way to a lot of amazing things in my life. For a game that is free to play, I've spent more money on dota than any other hobbies I have.

Yesterday, I did the unthinkable, I uninstall dota...

After playing 4 games in a row with griefers, my mental fortitude gave up. I don't have much time to play anymore due to my work being time demanding. So everytime I have an hour or two to spare, I fall back on to my favorite game of all time only to get my precious time wasted by griefers. Maybe they are going through hard times like I was, maybe they have so much time on their hand that griefing a game or two is not so much of a big deal for them. Whatever the case maybe, I don't blame them. Maybe I should have brush it off and go about my day and not let them affect me as much as it did.

Why am I writing this? you may ask. I'm not sure but I just feel like letting it out there.

We dota players may say 'gg end' but proceed to defend high ground with every fiber of our soul.

For now I quit and now heart broken. Hopefully I respawn before the throne falls.

Sorry for bad english, its not my native tongue. Also if you made it this far, thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/ThesisEmpty
[link] [comments]

from Dota 2 on Reddit https://ift.tt/2mOukmz https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
via IFTTT
TAG